Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Two Great Events this Thursday

Thursday, November 20th brings the Free Speech Open Mic featuring Liana Gabel & if you haven't had the chance to see this girl, I recommend you do ... She's utterly fabulous! Amazing voice, amazing words, amazing spirit ... truly!

Also this Thursday, a couple guys who swung by Pure Kona last week, Dr. Will and Gianni Gambino of Etch-a-Sketch Comedy Corp., will be serving up some comedy at the Cafe Underground. These guys were pretty impressive ... and very respectful of everyone getting up and doing their own thing. (www.gambino.pranks.com)

So, that makes it:

Liana Gabel
Free Speech Open Mic

The Mez Cafe & Music Hall
396 Gregory Street
8pm - what is it now 11ish?

and

Dr. Will & Gianni Gambino
Cafe Underground

480 W Main Street
7pm - ?

Also, Friday, November 21 - Liana Gabel will be performing at Boulder Coffee - she told me when & of course, i don't rememeber ... I wrote it down somewhere safe, so I wouldn't lose it ... and I'm sure it's very safe in whatever notebook I was carrying around the last time I saw her ... Unfortunately, I have no clue which one it was ... so she's there ... sometime on Friday ... evening ... with friends ... check her out ... she's amazing ... did I mention that?

And Monday, November 24th is the Wide Open Mic at Writers & Books ... Verb Cafe at 7:30 pm ... I will be at a Zoning Board Meeting myself, but you should go ... really ... I would ... I will, if anyone wants to be the clerk for Zoning Board ... anyone? no, okay ... have fun ...

Getting punchy now ... must sleep ... Take care!

No comments: