Friday, January 29, 2010

Itinerant Artist seeking Rochester-area hosts for 2010

Dear Friends,

My Itinerant Artist Project (IAP) – “exchanging art for hospitality across the USA” – turns 10 this year, and I’m celebrating with the first local version of the project, the Greater Rochester Community IAP.

I’m looking for volunteer hosts from diverse backgrounds. And I’m looking for hosts living in a representative range of places, from the rural outskirts of Monroe County to inner city neighborhoods.

This is how the project works: My host or host family puts me up for 2-3 days. During that time I make several small paintings based on the local surroundings. And I give one painting to my host in thanks for the food, lodging, and sociability. At the end I’ll exhibit the resulting artwork. To learn more about my project, check out the links*** at the end of this message, or e-mail me: jim@jimmott.com.

Hosting can occur anytime from March-November of 2010. All that is required is space (preferably a spare bedroom) and interest. I may have offers from more places than I can get to, but I would like to hear from anyone who is considering being a host.

If you have received this e-mail, please consider being a host AND please forward this message to anyone you know who might like to be a host. Reaching people I've never heard of is one of the more fun parts of this project.

Thank you! Jim Mott

***ITINERANT ARTIST PROJECT LINKS:

This interactive blog introduces the 2010 Rochester IAP and will be frequently updated as the project progresses:
www.jimmott.blogspot.com

My main website with plenty of background info:
www.jimmott.com

The Itinerant Artist Project on the NBC Today Show:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22472628/

City Newspaper Rebecca Rafferty review of my recent IAP exhibit:
http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/entertainment/art/2009/12/ART-REVIE
W-Jim-Mott-Road-Art-2000-2009/

D&C Mark Hare column about my project
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20091213/NEWS0201/912130325/%
5C-Itinerant-artist%5C--to-travel-at-home-in-2010

No comments: